These are quite a bit of work to make, and are worth every minute to make a special treat. Happily, even our party guests who knew nothing about Dex+ really loved them!
After dipping them in chocolate, I put them into the freezer for a few minutes to set the chocolate. The caramel oozed out some, and my dipping job was far from perfect. Funny though, no one said a word about how they looked. They were too busy eating! :)
Better Than Twix
1 pan of Shortbread Cookies Dex+, cooled but still in the pan
2x (double batch) Soft Buttery Vanilla Caramel Dex+, still hot
1 pot of Chocolate Coating Dex+, held at 89-90°F
- Pour all of the caramel into the cookie pan, on top of the cookie. Spread evenly over the cookie, then refrigerate to stiffen the caramel. The caramel-covered cookie can remain refrigerated for a couple of days at this point, if desired.
- Place the caramel-coated cookie onto a cutting board. With a long, thin knife, cut into thirds, making three 13" long pieces. Cut again to make many long, thin rectangles. Return to the fridge to stiffen the caramel again, if necessary.
- Dip each candy bar into the chocolate coating. Drag the bar carefully across the pot edge to thin the coating, otherwise the coat will be too thick.
- Place coated candy bars onto a parchment lined pan as they are dipped. Refrigerate to set the chocolate.
- Store in a cookie tin in a cool room, or refrigerate.