Friday, May 22, 2020

A Blogger's Note

I keep my recipes each in its own Google Doc. It's great! Easy to search, easy to share, always accessible. In the kitchen, I've got a touch screen where I can read the recipe, and edit there if I want. When I've got a winner, since I'm using Google Blogger, I'm just a short copy and paste from a nice blog post, right? Hahaha; nope. It looks good in edit mode, but is terrible in preview and as a post

In Blogger Help, I found a thread called "How to convert Google Drive document to a Blog Post in Blogger?". The tips there just blew up all the text or at best stripped the formatting. Redoing all that sure takes out all the fun of making a post.

I Figured Out the Secret!!

This one cheap trick that Doctors don't want you to know....

File/Download your Google Doc as a *.rtf file on your hard drive, then double-click it. For me, it opened in Word - Compatibility Mode. Looked pretty good; had to do extra-huge line spacing, but otherwise it looked great when pasted here in Blogger! Woohoo! 

The Blogger Help thread was closed, with a really terrible "best answer", so I figured I'd post it here, in case I forget, and in case anybody else is looking for a better answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment