Dough1 cup water
2 egg yolks
1 1/2 tsp salt
5 Tbs butter
4 cup bread flour
2 Tbs sugar
2 tsp yeast
1 Tbs water
2 Tbs poppy seeds
- Prepare dough in a bread machine, and let rise once.
- Shape dough as desired. The 6-strand is classic for this loaf. A three-strand braid is also nice.
- Place braid on a piece of parchment, on a pizza paddle. Spray lightly with cooking spray, cover loosely with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm place until doubled (about 45-60 min).
- Preheat oven to 350. Let it heat for at least 15 min, if not 45.
- Brush top of loaf with egg wash (beaten egg & water), and cover with poppy seeds.
- Transfer to baking stone. Bake for 15 min, then insert temperature probe timer. Bake until internal temp is 190-205.
|Risen bread, just put into the oven onto a hot stone.|