Chocolate milk, hold (most of) the fructose please! Coming right up... Have you found a bag of dextrose and made that simple syrup dex+ yet? If so, go get your Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa Powder, salt and vanilla, and whip up a batch. It'll only take a few minutes, and it is really impressively tasty.
I wish they sold this kind of chocolate milk to the kids at school!
It's equally at home drizzled over a bowl of Frozen Yogurt Dex+
Chocolate Syrup Dex+
- 1.125 c (375 g) simple syrup dex+
- 1/2 c Dutch-processed cocoa (Hershey's Special Dark is great)
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- ½ tsp vanilla
- In a saucepan over low heat, whisk together syrup, cocoa and salt until well combined.
- Increase to med-low, whisking constantly, until bubbly. Continue for about two minutes, then remove from heat.
- Stir in vanilla. Syrup will thicken as it cools. Refrigerate.
- If it's thicker than you like, try warming it, or even add some water.