Maple syrup is an amazing thing; except that it has a lot of fructose in it. Use the darkest maple syrup you can find, and this syrup blend packs a great flavor. We find it delicious, and a bit less intensely sweet than 100% maple. It beats any "maple flavored pancake syrup" available at the grocery, no question. And it's Dex+, which means less fructose, with fiber. :)
Maple Syrup Dex+
Yield: 1 quart
- 470 g dextrose
- 298 g corn syrup (zero high fructose)
- ½ c (120 g) water
- 277 g Maple Syrup, dark
- In a 2 quart sauce pan, mix Benefiber into the dextrose.
- Add Karo and water, stirring to combine over low heat. Increase heat and bring to a rolling boil.
- Remove from heat, and stir in maple syrup until completely combined.
- Add water to make 4 cups/ 1 liter.
- Store refrigerated, in a microwavable container large with a mouth large enough for a spoon, to allow stirring. Warm before using on hot waffles. If crystals form, microwave and stir until they redissolve.